Discharge Tips

Read these 2 Discharge Tips tips to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. Each tip is approved by our Editors and created by expert writers so great we call them Gurus. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Navy tips and hundreds of other topics.

Discharge Tips has been rated 3.1 out of 5 based on 94 ratings and 1 user reviews.
How can I get Navy records?

Obtaining Your Records

To get the record of a former Navy member who has served more than one year ago, contact:
The National Personnel Records Center
9700 Page Avenue
St. Louis, Missouri, 63132 Phone:(314)538-4141/3135/3071/3132
For records of former Navy members who have served within the last six months to a year, contact:
Navy Personnel Command Attn: PERS313C1
5720 Integrity Drive
Millington, TN 38055-3130
Phone: (901) 874-3596 DSN 882-3596

How should I plan for discharge?

Plan Ahead

It is a good idea to start planning for your discharge from the Navy whether it be retirement or just your first enlistment about 2 years before it happens. Save extra money for the time in between jobs (if there is one); put together your resume', etc. If one thing military life should have taught us all ... hope for the best, plan for the worst ... You NEVER know what sort of curve balls you are gonna be thrown!

Not finding the advice and tips you need on this Navy Tip Site? Request a Tip Now!

Guru Spotlight
William Pirraglia